Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Journey For Justice Dec 13th Day 13: Walking Tour Nogales Deported Muralist

This is a mural inside one of the four shelters for refugees in Nogales Mexico. This one was built by the jesuits for 10 million dollars. At most, it can house only 150 people, including children. They are only allowed to stay two weeks.

Here they are processed, fed at least once a day, minor health services and an one immigration lawyer on site. There are some classes for children also.

Look carefully at the feet of those in thus mural and see the other details of the toil and reaping of asylum seekers.

It was painted by a man who was living here, on the u.s.ofa. side, working, having a child, building a life, for over 14 years before being snatched up and deported.

Also know that the nuns who work here, probably recruit here, will not allow birth control information - let alone birth control itself - to be dispensed. Furthermore, they will not allow even self-defense classes for womyn to be taught here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home