Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, December 12, 2022

Journey For Justice December 12th Day 12 Douglas to Nogales

We've left New Mexico behind and now we leave Douglas, Arizona well-fed and glad to have been familiarized with some of the current and past local immigrant rights people. We're heading off to Nogales to spend two nights there. I'm looking forward to returning after 3 years and many inspiring memories as well as deeply painful ones.

We will be on the road for a few hours so I will post some pics taken from the truck window as we chug along. Again, look carefully at the terrain - and weep. The dark, strate-appearing line in the background is the fuckin 30 foot 'wall' with lots of barbed-wire guaranteed to injure if not kill. Also guaranteed to disrupt (at best) migration of animals, birds, insects, even plant live.

And yes, there is snow - and it is snowing - as we trundle through Bisbee - but the worst thing visible is the 'remains' of the open pit copper mine that destroyed acres if not miles of Mother Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home