Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Is this typical for Boston?


The other memorable interaction I had came later, as we were marching thru downtown Boston returning the square. I hear a pipsqueaky yet haughty voice in my right ear exclaim with extreme horror “Is this typical for Boston?”
I turn to see a middle-aged, very wealthy looking strate white couple leaning toward a policeman with his arms extended, the left at an acute angle as if holding the demonstrators at bay, the right sweeping the couple to the side, to safety – out of our reach. She has the most disagreeable look on her face as she takes us in. Before the officer can say anything, I loudly tell her  “Yes, this is typical for Boston and it will be for every other city and town in the u.s.ofa. from now until the election!”
She gasps dreadfully as the officer rushes to place his body between me and the couple who are now scrambling hastily over the little bushes and grassy hills that begin the square.
The demonstration has been awesome in many ways – most of all, the energy was highly charged and positive – despite the ‘pen’ the police devised to hold demonstrators. We have handed out all our CodePINK materials and deception dollars – many folks never heard of either, many folks have! So many people are organizing on so many levels – and so many diverse groups of people. I look forward to the coming week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home