Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Freedom Fries

We are shocked to see on the menu "freedom fries" and "freedom toast" at the Rayburn Cafeteria. When we point that out to the people of color who are working behind the counter, they attempt to reassure us that no one orders french fries nor french toast by the freedom name.

One of the women tells them to tell their boss to change it. Desiree says this should be an action CodePINK takes on, not the workers behind the counter. We will print "french" on labels & come by every day & stick it over the "freedom". We will also write to the corporation that runs the cafeteria & ask them to take freedom fries off the menu.

I have a vague memory of Congress passing legislation overturning 'French' when France refused to send troops to Iraq. hmmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home