Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Where's the Library?

It's amazing how few people in these small towns even know where their library is! I've reached North Platte Nebraska and the library so I can blog.

Wyoming was very interesting this time – I actually collected 7 yeahs & claps thru the desolate & conservative west before I hit Laramie. I thought I was going to make it all the way thru Wyoming without a fuck you – but no, just before crossing the border into Nebraska, a middle-aged white woman driving a huge, dark green pick-up truck, leans across the seat, and wags her middle finger at me.

It is interesting, when males flip the bird, they usually are jabbing, jabbing, jabbing at the roof of their cars, trying to poke a hole in the ceiling, the innocent might ask? But women tend to wag their finger back & forth like the tail of a dog. Hmmmm

I met this morning with a young woman Lizz who drove all the way from Denver to meet with me in Cheyenne – it’s an hour and a half, even tho it’s another state away! It’s hard for this Californian to remember other states are close by! Lizz is an amazing, dynamic young & new CodePINK activist – we talked about Mother’s Day MONTH & what she can do in Denver, should she decide to not come to D.C.

We were joined by an activist from Cheyenne, who was also with the UU church. There is no CodePINK in Cheyenne, even though I found about 15 people on the email list. Next trip, Cheyenne!

The library is closing so I’m off – to Kansas City & brunch tomorrow morning! I have to haul ass! Peace, sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home