Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

documentary - beginning

I’ve decided to begin my documentary today, providing I can find someone willing to be interviewed.

I’m looking for:
Womon
Against the war against Iraq
Feels she is pretty much informed & concerned about what is happening


Questions:

Introductory:
1) Have you been against invading Iraq from the beginning?

2) Do you consider yourself pretty much informed about what is happening in Iraq?

3) What are your 3 major sources you trust for information about Iraq?

Will you tell me a little about your life: your job, your family, your school/classes, interests?

What’s a typical day/week/month in the life of……

How has your life style, your daily routine changed since the build-up & invasion of Iraq? Since 2001 until today?

What would happen that would make you stop your daily life, get out into the street, & end this war?

1) Before we began talking, did you think about the war in Iraq today? what time? Thoughts?

2) When was the last time you really thought about the war?

3) Did you take any actions today to stop the war?

4) How much time would you say you spend every day doing action to stop the war?

7 Comments:

  • At 28/6/06 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sam,

    I am new to codepink and I am interested in your Documentary. I will come back later and answer your questions. I don't know where you are now? It's June 28th. I live in the Bay Area but up North and am encouraged to see local Girls get involved with this movement. Thinking about San Francisco "fast" Waiting for more information.

    Thanks for representing the Bay Area.

    oshinbrezz

     
  • At 3/7/06 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha Ha A jewish Lesbian Feminist Peacenick. This is CodePink? Thankfully a minority.

     
  • At 4/7/06 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Among the many horrors we found in Iraq was a prison made up of young boys. These children had been imprisoned because thier parents had dared speak out against Saddam. Some of these children had been murdered (executed) by beheading. When we liberated that prison we reunited all these boys with their frantic parents. Please tell me that was wrong. Saddam used chemical weapons on his own people. We have found shells containing chemical weapons. As he was paying off the familys of homicide bombers, do you think for one moment that he would hesitate to use those weapons on my children. Please tell us why you think ending such a nightmare was wrong. Tell us why liberating children was wrong. Tell us why building schools, hospitals and releasing thousands of political prisoners was wrong.

     
  • At 17/7/06 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you have any idea how a Lesbian will be received in the middle east you love so much. Your lifestyle is one of the reasons they hate us so much. And, remember they also hate us for just standing here. If you announced that you were a Lesbian striving wommon in Iraq, Iran, or in palistine or Saudi Arabia you would be hanging from a crane, or your head would be floating in some river. Do you have ANY idea what you are talking about. the answer to that would be NO. You are an idiot.

     
  • At 27/7/06 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I being a 44 year old X-Army Male i have went through your blog. Just to say to those that are against you, guys this is america they have the right to say this and nasty remarks get no one no where. 2nd if you see that we never shuold have been in Iraq I look you to at this website.
    http://www.theotheriraq.com/
    After reading an watch the vid clips of a people that where being wiped from the face of the earth how can you say what we are doing there is wrong. Granted war is a very bad thing. It is sometimes the thing we must do to save others from the evil of the world. I see things differntly then some; but do you not see there are people set to kill you and me with out a 2nd thought.There is no talking with them no middle ground. The only thing to them is to kill you and anyone that doesn't agree with them.
    Thankyou for your time,

    WolfX

     
  • At 2/8/06 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Sammy,
    I miss you very much. You have dedicated your life to the most worthy cause and I admire you greatly.

    I have been working hard to open Cafe Voltaire in Benicia;it is almost ready. My plan all along has been to make it more than just a coffee house -- I need your input-- how can I make this a great resource/education center for peace and help stop this war and the next one?

    my very best wishes and prayers to you---

    Jan

     
  • At 15/8/06 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jan,
    When ARE you opening the cafe we keep hearing so much about?
    Many say your town needs such a place of meeting for the causes.

    Keep us posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home