Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

bio-diesel & 20 degree weather - to be continued

Biodiesel frozen – aaa fellow “I’m a republican” – standard line – so? I know lots of republicans that are voting bush out. He saw the shoes action, wants to know about it. When I inform him, ask him if he’ll vote for peace next week, he confesses his ‘ignorance’ and won’t vote.

I tell him I will inform him – I am not ignorant. I spend several hours a day perusing news sources on the internet and in the paper, as well as listening to the radio. I tell him to trust me, even though he doesn’t know me.

The 5 gallons of regular diesel he puts in enables the truck to start – and to limp 5 feet at a time before stalling. I’m now out on the busy road in front of the hotel heading the 100 yards to the gas station that thankfully has diesel. We limp along in the middle turn lane – he wants to follow us, making sure we make it.

I’m hoping he’s thinking about voting for peace.

We make it to the station, stop, start, coast, stop start coast. I fill up sadly & disgustingly with diesel. It works and off we go, late for Tahoe City, our next stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home