Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rockin' Raleigh!

The day is still gorgeous, bright and sunny, yet cold as I easily find the next stop in Raleigh North Carolina. I still can’t believe I’m in North Carolina!

I am the only one there when I arrive, although I am 30 minutes early. I’m almost immediately joined by a tall, white male well-dressed and sporting camera equipment who tells me he’s the CNN affiliate news station for Raleigh.

We begin speaking about the war in Iraq. I can tell by the comments he makes, that he has a general knowledge that doesn’t give him the tools to sharply counter arguments for occupying Iraq. I spend our 15 minutes together before we are joined by other CodePINKers to rectify his missing information.

Again, about a dozen or so CodePINKers, two different TV stations, and a progressive radio show fellow join us to stand a both corners of the busy street in front of the Congressman’s office. We have put out the WITS and Real Face of War displays, and are able to hold up several banners and signs as well.

We head up to the Congressman’s Office

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home