Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Solemn Greenville

I arrive at Congressman Jones’ office about 4:45p.m. to find several CodePINKers waiting and the Office staff disappeared!

Hmmmm – this is the first time across the country that at the very least the staff has not been willing to meet with us.

On my way into Greenville, a couple of gorgeous wimmin in a gorgeous little red sports car with a black top, have pulled along side me to wave and yell ‘right on’ up at me. I ask them for directions and invite them to join us. They do!!!!

We have also been joined by a reporter and a camerawomon as we express our deep disappointment in the staff’s slipping out the door without talking with us. We promise to follow-up in the next few days and have high hopes that Congressman Jones, although Republican, will join the growing numbers of Republicans who are heeding the Mandate for Peace that his constituents have given him in November.

We hold banners on both sides of the busiest, 8 lane highway in Greenville – a GREAT place for a demo! The majority of cars that zoom by are silent, although so many are positive that the native Greenville cp’er holding the banner with me is surprised! She talks about how different times are now –how even a few months ago we would have gotten booed and maybe even driven at!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home