Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Setting the Table in D.C. Jan 20=Feb20




I'm bringing this message to D.C. on the back of the CodePINK Truck:
Congress:
Stop Funding!
Start Impeaching!
Implement your
Mandate for Peace:
Prompt withdrawal of U.S. Troops
Discontinue all military funding EXCEPT for safe return
Reparations for Iraqis
$3000 per second for education, housing, health care
NOT WAR

3 Comments:

  • At 17/1/07 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FIRSTLY, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED VAN HORN- SOME CONSIDER IT WORST OF TEXAS BUT I THINK IT IS ONE OF THE GROOVIEST PLACES. HOPE YOU HAD DELICIOUS BARBECUE AT ANTIQUE CAR MUSEUM /BBQ JOINT- A TREASURE(UNLESS YOU'RE A VEGAETARIAN OF COURSE.
    LOVE YOUR SITE& ESPECIALY THAT YOU CAME OUT ON IT. IS THERE A "DYKES FOR PEACE" OR CODEPINK DYKES GROUP? IF NOT, THERE SHOULD BE. WE ARE SPECIAL ENOUGH TO WARRANT OUR OWN SUBSET. I WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE ON TRIP OR AT RALLY BUT AM DISABLED SO ANY AMOUINT OF ICE KEEPS ME IN. TOO DANGEROUS. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.
    LINDA LEE,
    FORT WORTH
    & WELCOME TO TEXAS!
    P.S. IF YOU DON'T KNOW/READ LILLIAN FADERMAN YOU SHOULD.
    FORT WORTH

     
  • At 20/1/07 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Read your blog through 1/20, so at least I know you are still with us (survived Texas). The news is interesting--many signs of the tide just beginning to turn. This is the time and we are seizing the narrow moment as it crests toward peace. See you soon!
    Celeste

     
  • At 21/1/07 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello dear Sam, I think of you and send good thoughts your way many times everyday! I keep saying, don't worry about Sam, she is perfectly able to pull off almost anything... especially a rally drive across country in a grand truck for Peace!

    It looks like we are going to have an overflow of our bus. I wish we could get another financed, but maybe we can swing a van, too.

    I will fly in the 24th. I wish I could ride the bus, too... it will have some of the most fun getting from Tennessee to DC. I practiced with our Raging Grannies/Shemamas today. We are sounding pretty good! Some of our best singers are not going to be able to make it. But we will be loud!

    Get enough sleep and eat right. I will bring some tofu and goodies with me. What would you like? love,Eliz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home