Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, May 25, 2007

#59 Campaign and '07 Summer of Protest

I'm intend to begin driving the CodePINK Truck across the country from the Atlanta up to Chicago and then over the northern route to San Francisco, speading the word about our "Summer of Protest" and the #59 campaign - although after yesterday's horrific vote to buy the war and occupation from Bush, there are more dems to add to the list!

There were 59 Dems who recently voted AGAINST the resolution to support a timeline to get us out of Iraq. Sorry as that timeline was, it was at least a weak statement that Dems were NOT going to totally buy the war - just in itsy bits and pieces.

It is unconscionable that any democrat would not support a timeline & I will be working with local CodePINK chapters holding their Congresspeople accountable. We will be doing "Peace-Ins" across the country at the homes, offices, churches, events & appearances of these 59 Dems, asking them to tell us why? And making them face us, hear our objections, and work at influencing them to change their vote to reflect the anti-war sentiment of their constituents.

If you're interested in doing a Peace-In at your Congressperson's office with me and you're along my beaten path, please email!

I am also driving around the country spreading the word about " 07 Summer of Protest" from July 4th to Labor Day!

It's up to US to shut down the war!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home