Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, July 11, 2008

Snapping down the road...

I'm thru California and already almost to Phoenix before I get my first "fuck you"! Of course, it's a white guy in a pick-up truck.

I feel so lucky that it has not been horribly hot - except on the Grapevine, but even at the rest stop, I was able to be in the shade with a nice cool breeze!

There have been amazing, short lighting and torrential rain moments that end before anyone considers leaving the roadway. I've been able to do most of my driving thus far late at night and early in the morning; and most of my resting during the heat of the day.

I am resting beneath a large mesquite tree at the rest stop south of Phoenix, trying to avoid the little red ants that are busy racing thru the sand.

I glance over a few feet away, my attention grabbed by some motion on the ground. As I look, I see a lizard, creamy white like a cappuccino froth, with a brown stripe down it's back, long tail probably longer than it's body with circular brown rings, blending in so perfectly with sand and stones that I can't make her out unless she's on the move!

She comes very close, maybe 5 feet away as I hold my breath but I can't help smiling broadly. Somethings calls her suddenly and she races away, back toward the bushes.

I'll head for Tuscon and connecting with Nancy Hill, the awesome CP coordinator and fierce friend as soon as I finish resting. I look forward to catching up with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home