Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You don't HAVE to go! to be continued

As I walk the empty stroller against the wave of people attempting to get to the Mall at least - unless they were among the lucky thousands to snag a ticket to get up closer - I encounter many young mostly men in military gear walking about. I make it my mission to attempt to talk with as many as possible.

I approach them with the simple sentence: "Do NOT go to Afghanistan or Iraq".

Most soldiers respond with a resigned "I have no choice, I HAVE to go". Several tell me their deployment dates. My heart wrenches with each encounter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home