Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Protecting our rights... to be continued

This blog will be about my 2nd experience jailed at Clark County Detention Center:

I wonder several times outloud how devastated the ex-military police working there in the jail must feel about my being arrested for attempting to practice the freedoms that they went overseas to protect by killing people and occupying their country.

If Monday was the day for arresting j-walkers, today was the day for arresting women attempting to support themselves selling their bodies, or women attempting to defend themselves from batterers - and ending up in jail!

Laura - 24 years old, angry, prostitute, smart, passionate, scared facing 4 years in jail

Joy - 27 years old, tough, smart, wise, business woman, prostitute

Sheila - 35, 3 children, domestic violence

Maria - 22, 3 children, domestic violence

Brenda - young, bi-polar, ptsd, childhood sexual abuse, drug addict, prostitute

Ortega - transsexual male to female

tb test not

potc or ptco - pissing off the cops charge!

1 Comments:

  • At 2/10/09 9:44 AM, Anonymous Eliz-a-bet said…

    Dear Zanne and all my Code Pink sheroes out there in the desert, in prison for peace, and putting your bodies on the line for the oppressed and violated, Thank you so much for being there. I am on a panel about the failed military policy in Afghanistan/Pakistan Oct. 7 at the Friends Church on 26th off of Charlotte in Nashville, TN. We will be holding a vigil before hand for an hour or so on West End, a busy street in front of a main park. My part of the panel will be Code Pink, War is Not a Game, Ground the Drones. I am going to have your pictures up along with some pictures of the results of drone hits and pictures of children who are not our enemies. I get to be the last panelist and make the call for peace. You are my inspiration! love, Eliz

    PS: I am not surprised that it is a crime to be abused there in Nevada, if you are a woman. I have worked against domestic terrorism against women for over 20 years here in TN and across the nation. Sometimes I see a change, and sometimes I don't. eb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home