Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, November 11, 2010

mi primera espanol clase

6 to 8 this evening I am immersed in Spanish! I like Rebeca a lot. She has a folder for me, some exercise papers, and a sheet of verbs to conjugate in the present.

We do conversation. She speaks slowly so I can understand her. I take a long time to put together the words to make sentences. She is very patient - most likely bored out of her mind - but kindly says nothing to hurry me along.

In the morning, I have class with her esposo Ismael and two other students, both from China, who are also trying to learn Spanish.

We talk about my need for veggie oil, used, and she tells me these students work at a restaurant.

At this news, I have visions of all the oil I need dancing in my head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home