Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, November 08, 2010

I'm a WRITER! YEAH!!!!

I’m a writer! Now I can devote as many hours a day as I want to writing if I want. I will tell people that’s what I am when they ask, especially the federales – I’m writing a travel guide for older womyn travel by themselves.

I had intended to be a writer since I was about 12. I think I wrote about it previously.

Then I got pregnant at 18 years old, delivered my baby at 19 1/2, and it wasn't until many, many years later, walking down the street, I remembered - oh yah, right, I was going to be a writer.

I once had a roommate who wrote every day from 10am until 2pm. She would not let anyone talk to her, disturb her, interrupt her. At the time, I found it quite annoying and even irritating. I couldn't understand how she could arrange her life to commit so much time to writing.

I was fighting envy. I had a child to support.

Many, many, many more years later, and a LONG time after I have no more children to support, here I am finally, able and about to spend several hours a day of my life writing.

Able and determined to call myself a writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home