Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Freezing in the mountains!

It is so cold, the dew on the windshield has frozen into snowflakes! I had no idea it gets this cold here and I have not done the things I should in order to protect the water tanks, especially the hot water heater.

Grrrr - I don't remember exactly what it is I was supposed to do - Shazam explained it to me but I was thinking, hey, I'm heading to the warmth and sunshine of Mexico - I won't need to drain anything.

Fortunately, I did remember to turn down the veggie oil and run the diesel before we stopped last night so at least I don't have to worry about that.

I want to go for a run but my hands freeze when I step outside. That's how cold it is!

We make coffee, clean up a little, and then I go for a walk around the park. The park ranger (I guess that's who he is) tells me the park is many mil hectareas big and there are deer and other animals that I don't recognize.

I ask if there are bears and he scoffs no, of course not.

As I walk, I see several cabins and signs that this is a protected area, for the people and the earth - and we should take care of it. I do not see any animals - they're too smart to be out in this cold!

I return, warm up the truck, and continue our journey to Durango on the free road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home