Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, December 20, 2010

For over an hour


I didn’t know I am a womon who can sit on the beach, night after night, and watch the sun turn into a bright orange and then deep red ball, sink behind the horizon, and light up the sky with the most amazing blazing reds, hot pinks, brilliant yellows, clear blues – for over an hour.

I didn’t know I am a womon who can rise in the early morning before the first hint of light and watch the sudden previews of fiery reds, soft pinks, neon oranges and deep blues – for over an hour – before the sun actually makes her appearance.

I didn’t know I am a womon who can sit on a towel in the sand and watch pelicans fish, buzzards soar, cormorants dive – for over an hour.

I didn’t know I am a womon who can seek out the moon and watch her make her way over the horizon, up into the darkening sky, finding the stars as they become visible, one by one, and two by ten, and six by twelve – for over an hour.

I didn’t know I am a womon who can sit in the company of other womyn, and not know what they are really saying, and maybe they know what I am saying, and then we watch the sun glisten on the waves, the ocean recede and flow, soak in the intense sun, listen silently  – for over an hour.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home