Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Surviving in Durango


I am parked one block away from the coffee shop on a side street. The main street is way too busy to park on but I can’t get a signal from the coffee shop so far away.

I decide to go around the block and move my truck to the other side street that is even closer to the coffee shop. When I get to that street, it is brightly lit and there is a taco restaurant blazing lights and music, and lots of folks. It is the perfect location though, on the side street around the closest corner to the coffee shop.

I cannot find a place to park on that block, even if the taco joint was quiet and empty, so I cross the main street and take the first park on the other side of the street. I get a signal from the coffee shop but it is very very low – I can’t navigate.

It is after 10 – I’ve lost an hour somewhere – and I decide I’m too tired to be on the internet anyway. The street seems really bright and I decide to go back to the first side street I was on. I don’t like how many people saw my truck passing the taco place and this street is too deserted (as in there's no possible places where I could be watching my truck) as well as too bright.

I take the first corner and realize I’m on a nice, quiet street that is residential on one side, has a hotel in the next block on the other side, and a wall on my side. I park close to the hotel by the wall and no one bothers me the whole night.

I survive in Durango!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home