Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Where to live???


I’m in heaven. I don’t want to leave here. As I soak in the hot water in the early morning, I try to imagine life here – for me.

Could I live without internet? Could I live with only a handful of people to communicate with? Could I live without working with people to change our world?

I could certainly get a lot of writing done. I could certainly ignore what my country is doing to the world and within my country.

Where do I want to be? Today I hike up the mountain as high as I can. Sabino has told me of another spring, which I find. I have to climb over stone fences, thru barbed-wire sometimes, skirt around cows and bulls that look as wary of me as I feel about them.

The rough path becomes a tiny horse trail up up up. As it gets higher, it is harder to follow as much of it crosses over rock terrain. I marvel at the ability of a horse to climb this narrow trail lined with huge cactus that are missing their long spikes from about my shoulder height down.

When I can no longer follow the path, I turn back and halfway down I turn towards Sabino’s baby home. After hiking another half hour or so, slipping through gates and climbing a few more fences, I see it and fall in love.

I cannot get close enough to see the front of the house but it sits on a little hill, surrounded by huge trees, and overlooking the river. Here the river is wider and most likely a little deeper. I can hear it flowing.

Birds of every color, size, shape are flying around or calling to each other. The house appears to be maybe 2 or three long, low rooms at the most. It is so tiny but then the outdoors makes it a mansion.

There’s the outdoor kitchen, the laundry lines, the garden area. There’s an old flatten spring from an antique bed leaning against the barbed-wire fence that surrounds the little house. The fence is to keep the cows out.

It is the only structure on the property. It is the only structure for miles around. It appears to be adobe or cement. I can only see the top and the side, and a little of the back of the house – the three large windows which make me think there could be 3 rooms.

My heart yearns for humans to fill this space. I think I will tell Sabino about solar energy, although he probably already knows.

And Maria probably needs more humans than him around her, after raising 11 children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home