Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Armed Men

As I approach the end of this one side of the 8 blocks I've decided to include in my hunt for veggie oil, I begin to see several soldiers strategically placed in and around a huge hotel that has a starbucks attached.

Macdonalds and burger king are nearby too.

I do not look at any of them but it feels like I am part of a ridiculous and terrifying stage. I am sure they are there in the belief they are making their tourists feel 'safe' but to me they just alert me to the potential of violence.

I want to ask them if they've ever shot that stupid machine gun at someone in their lives. They are standing a few feet from laughing children and women selling jewelry they've made.

And important men in mercedes and jaguars.

I forget momentarily that I'm searching for veggie oil as I hastily - but calmly - cross the street. As calm as a pedestrian in Mexico can possibly be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home