Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, December 14, 2014

This is what you miss - to be continued

when you decide NOT to participate in protests: the fruition of our - and all the womyn who came before us - decades of hard work!

For it is YOUNG womyn front and center, loud and clear on the streets today! It is Black womyn, brown womyn, First Nation womyn, Asian womyn - and white womyn!

I've seen young womyn step up and lead. I've seen young womyn grab the megaphone out of men's hands & inform them they need to step back. I've seen young womyn with unamplified beautiful clear strong voices project over the shuffling, chanting, excited crowd.

And I've seen the crowds of womyn and men follow these womyn's lead: some reluctantly, some questioning, but most willingly and happily.

Furthermore to give yourself the blank check of inaction made out to "if only protestors made if comfortable and 'safe' for me", is to totally embrace your privilege and thru your lack of participation, you join the violent side that everyday proclaims Black lives do NOT matter.

To refuse to step out your door because you fear your life is in danger is indefensible to the people who's lives REALLY are in danger: Black men are 21 times more likely to be murdered by police than white men. I could not find the 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home