Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, May 16, 2016

Nite 7 Solar!!!



The hotel has been inundated by a large group of Cubans, mostly men – I try to find out who they are, I’m guessing with their camaraderie and maleness, and they all appear around mid 40’s (as if I know what Cubans look like at mid-40 – most Cubans here think I’m mid-40s … hahaha). I think they are over-the-hill soccer players because they have an aura of previous fitness but now most tend to sport beer bellies.

Even males in Cuba greet each other with cheek caresses and air kisses – most of the time, both sides. And when they put their arms around each other, they do a genuine full body, strong hug. It’s quite endearing to watch – and to participate in with the womyn! Most of the food servers are womyn, as are most of the cleaners. These are the womyn I come in contact with most frequently, of course. 

I finally speak with one man who can understand my Spanish who tells me this is a solar convention where they are training their people in the latest solar technology – a PUBLIC service and business. Imagine that! 

Muy bueno!!!! I tell him I have solar on mi casa camion and he translates to the small group that is listening intently. They all break out in smiles and nods when he says it, while they just looked lost when I was talking.
Practico, practico, practico….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home