Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Way too hot to drive


I was hoping the morning’s chill would last at least until mid-morning but it is hot as hell now. I’ve traversed down the beautiful mountains into the great salt lake basin, the temperature rising with each mile – and the air pollution rivaling the los angeles basin stinging my eyes and drying out my throat.

I’ve been largely ignored driving along with the rush hour traffic  - as if SLCers’ had blinders on, except for the occasional pale “fuck you” finger popping up.

I notice the engine temp needle starting to climb past the midpoint of the gauge and I drop my speed down to 45. The needle edges back down to almost normal. I’ll have to stop at the next rest stop and wait for the sun to go down – which means I’ll miss a day of driving. I’ve been spoiled by the cooler weather.

I only hope the asshole trucker hauling the motorcycles – and any of that ilk – is long gone and I’ll be able to rest in peace – or in at least having reasonable conversations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home