Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

John 3:16 LOVE

There are three different messages tractor trailers seems to sport on the back of their trucks. Unlike mine, these are trucks belonging to a corporation, part of a fleet of trucks, as I've seen several thus far on my journey.

The old ones - i.e. the ones I've seen in previous years - are of course the covenant trucks that have the "It's Not a Choice, It's a Baby" signs (to which I've made a counter sign to hold up: "It's Not a Choice, It's a RIGHT" ) and the other one that I'm blanking on right now, about defending america from the hordes of invaders.

I'm cautiously pleased when I see a big LOVE painted on the back of what I think is an electrical company truck. Peering closer I see John 3:16 printed in small letters above it. I'm hoping that's a "love your neighbor, do good to those who would harm you" biblical quote.

But when I look it up - thank the goddesses for google - I find out it's the god loving the world so very much he raped mary in order to bring his son to earth to be killed by humans to then be so special to be saved from death three days later.

Okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home