Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Kill Kill Kill



Finally I reach the rest stop I’m spending the nite at. It is huge, doubling as a tornado shelter, bathroom, and large hall housing mini-museum displays of rattlesnakes and ‘history’, and an outlet for their local – wherever that is – radio station.

I’m sitting on the toilet when I hear a ‘man’ has been shot and killed. The details that follow claim 19 year old (puleeeeeze) Black man was reaching into his waistband for a gun hidden there when police shot him.

Right.

The next ‘story’ is that an adolescent girl has been arrested for the murder of her parents. Sources say her brother is also under investigation. Her lawyer says she will definitely NOT be screened for not competent to stand trial.

And the last story is that another man has been arrested finally after a month of searching for him. A Latino. His partner was already killed by police. Both were wanted for burglary.

Wow, I feel so safe in America. Guns. Guns. Guns. Kill. Kill. Kill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home