Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, November 07, 2016

Make america great again - to be continued




As I drive around this country and witness this slogan on ‘rump signs and attempt to dialogue with the tRump "deplorables", I try to figure out what precisely their glass-eyed nostalgia and wanton cravings mean. So I ask them - and myself:

What exactly does that mean splattered across tRump/pence signs? What 'ancient' memory does that ignite in the psyche of those white males and their allies?

When Mexicans were unpaid farm laborers

When womyn had no rights

When Black people were enslaved

When the senate was 100% white and male

When redlining kept neighborhoods white

When Indians were Indians and lived happily on reservations

When nuclear power plants were being proliferated and mountains tops stripped

When impunity reigned for white male violence

When homosexuals didn’t exist

When children were seen and not heard

When Chinese labored in restaurants, cleaners, and on steep cliffs

When the higher one got in education the whiter and more male one got

When banks loaned 100% of real estate funds to white males

When Blacks only drank from designated fountains

When the atom bomb murdered 250,000 human beings in a few minutes

When guns were purchased with a nod and a handshake


 



 



 


 

1 Comments:

  • At 9/11/16 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to leave out a whole group of marginalized people. Good going...but then, you are SO Berkeley.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home