Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The white men I know...

I'm on the phone this morning trying to convince my veg oil guy - the 81 year old white mountain man from the flat plains of Indiana who's been running veg oil for 30 years - to NOT vote for 'rump. I can tell by the way he hesitates when I ask him if he's voting for 'rump that he might be.

He gulps and then whining, tells me the other one - i.e. Clinton - isn't any better. I disagree vehemently with him, not that I'm telling him who to vote for, just who NOT to vote for. I say she's a lot better than him, but she's not his only choice.

He tells me he did vote for Ross Perot many years ago but that didn't work out. I tell him there's lots of other choices on the ballot and he can always pick someone else.

Of course, he then tells me he doesn't even want to vote and for a half a second, I'm tempted not to encourage him but I do encourage him to vote, even if he has to write his own name in, or mine, I joke with him.

But I make him promise he'll not vote for 'rump - or at the very least, THINK about not voting for that (deplorable) asshole.

Why are most of the white males that are cleaning & running veggie oil libertarians or raving fundamentalist republicans???? grrrrrrrrrr


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home