Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, October 21, 2016

Red scare

The only parking place left at the South Carolina rest stop is next to a new silver-blue van sporting a 'rump bumper sticker with no one behind the wheel.

But by the time I jump out and walk around my truck to the side I share with the van, an older white man with a worried look on his face is determinedly ignoring me and making a bee-line for his driver's door.

I stop him, asking if, after the last debate, he's still intending to vote for 'rump. He tells me if I believe everything I hear, I'm stupid or crazy and that I shouldn't believe everything the media is saying about 'rump. I ask him what he thought of 'rump's words in the debate.

He doesn't answer & so I tell him it is not the media I am listening to but it is the words of 'rump himself.

He pales and puffs a little, then asks me if I know about Bill Clinton and the terrible things he has done. I kinda say Bill who, is he running for president???

I ask him if he thinks I should look into what all of the wives or the 5 babies' mamas of the candidate running for prez on the other team.

I think I lost him with that one, as he starts rambling on about communists and I should be so grateful to live here where I get to vote and not in a communist country. He even tells me to go back to a communist country as long as I don't like it here.

I try to get him to stay, to wait, before charging head-on into his van, imploring him as neutrally as I can, to talk with me about communism - and the communist country I'd LOVE to return to.

But he's just wrapped our conversation in the red scare...red-faced (from anger and not embarrassment I'm pretty sure) he pulls a wheelie trying to hasten his exit from this communist provocateur. HAHAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home