Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, October 14, 2016

5000 voters registering....

As I got into my truck to leave Shreveport, two men approached me to ask me about my truck. They were very curious - and kind - as to how I could afford to drive around the country.

Both of them worked for the registrar's office. When I asked them what was happening in Louisiana, they told me that Monday had been the last day to register to vote and the first time ever, they had 5000 people flock to the office to register.

The thought crossed my mind to ask if they were registering for the Dems or Repubs - or if they were legitimate registrations, as in not duplicate voters, etc. - but I decided I didn't want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home