Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, October 21, 2016

Heading thru South Carolina...

I'm getting more responses to my truck today than I've gotten the whole time I've been on the road! I'm getting several in a row positive honks and enthusiastic yeahs!

In between these cars was another car with two white males, the passenger leaning far out the window, gesturing angrily to the back of my truck & then giving me the finger, pointing to the back of my truck again, giving me the finger as if I'm not clear why he's giving me the finger.

Some people are giving me dirty looks, some have pained smiles looking at me condescendingly.

Several big truckers have positively responded and another white pickup truck with a white male driver exiting the freeway gave me the finger out the window as he raced haphazardly down the ramp. I flashed him two peace symbols, taking my hands off the wheel for a second - I'm on a strate road, it is his truck going round a curve... - and the driver next to me on my right grins broadly and flashes the peace symbol back at me, probably assuming I'm giving him the peace symbol.

I'm being forced to spend more time in this part of the south because of the veggie oil challenges but also because I left my fucking computer at my daughter's house, along with a donated down comforter...grrrrrr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home