Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The least of these...

I wait to leave the welcome center to get on the road until the sun is descending closer to the mountain tops and the wind has calmed a little. The center has closed and the internet no longer works. I look around for the suffering stranger and am relieved to see he is no longer around - at least that I can see.

I take off into the sunset, marveling once again at the majestic, snow-tipped mountains and the great expanse of the Mother unfolding all around me.

And then, not a mile or two onto the highway, I see a figure trudging along the shoulder, brown hair flopping in time to his stumbling steps, faded grey/green paisley material blowing out behind him like a final wave goodbye.

I wonder how many people steel their hearts to pass him, as I steel mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home