Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, April 20, 2017

White male coward


YMCA's have been added to my very short list about what is wonderful about the u.s. along with libraries and national parks. I've been able to work out daily in almost every city I've been in, which is crucial when spending hours driving.

I exit the Y this morning, feeling jazzed and so ready to leave the south and mid-west way behind and enter the great majesty of the southwest!

I enter the tail end of rush hour traffic as I head south on I25 to connect with I40 west. A couple miles before the ramp, a white pickup truck has slowed way down in front of me, like to almost 30 miles an hour.

As I cautiously edge around him, an older white man glowers out his window, glasses slipping down his nose in concert with a sky blue cap sliding over his right ear, and gives me the finger. 

The finger. He has slowed down on a 75mph freeway to tell me fuck you and make sure I see it. Okay.

Of course, he speeds up as I begin pass him and I give him my standard "what?" with both hands palms up and off the steering wheel. He slows down with me, attempting to make it impossible for me to pass or follow him.

I motion for him to pull over then as I continue to ask him WHAT??? He points to the shoulder and starts pulling over, like I’m going to stop on the side of the highway with cars speeding by.

I pass his new white pickup, emergency blinkers on, fuck you finger still up accompanied by thin pale lips mouthing fuck you.

I indicate the exit which is .5 miles away and watch him pull in behind me. There’s a gas station to the right directly off the exit. I pull into the station and the fucker drives right by and disappears down a side street.

What a fuckin coward. See? These men are bullies and cowards. They can’t have a face-to-face conversation.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home