Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

2nd amendment fucked up shit



 A white womon and her child halt and shoot stunned but hostile looks at my truck and then focused in my direction. I smile and bid them good morning as I climb the steps to the organic coffee shop – Black gay-owned organic coffee shop in rural Maine!

Later, they come in and the mother sits with her back to me so her t-shirt glares a pro-2nd amendment slogan directly at me and I sigh deeply. If I stereotyped – or maybe generalized – her, I’d say she’s one of the many white womyn who are 100 times more likely to be murdered by some man who claims he loves her – with her 2nd amendment right gun in her home.

The figures flash thru my brain, the 96 people in this country who will kill themselves or someone else today, how most will be either accident or suicide, and the great majority of those left will be womyn killed by their fuckin partners.

The tRump and the boys (and some girls) who will be funneled over to Afghanistan – maybe not the 2nd poorest – but vying for the poorest – nation in the world anymore since we’ve been attacking Somalia, Syria, Yemen et al.

Kill kill kill kill – the mantra of our nation, not soft, historic echoes but loud present clanging of life in this country.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home