Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Welcome to California

So here I have put about maybe seven thousand miles on my truck these past couple months, driving from California through the deep south to Atlanta and then to Florida; and then returning again but deeper through the deep south - I10 this time into Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana, across the entire state of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona with my truck unscathed the entire trip.

Then I relax, let my guard down as I get to my home state, my beautiful California that I treasure so much. I cross the Mohave desert, through Palm Springs and about 60 miles east of Los Angeles I stop at a rest stop to go to the bathroom and check my phone for messages.

I leave the bathroom and begin the walk back to my truck when a carload of young white men, gunning their engine, scream "fuck you" and "white power", accompanied by their obscene gestures leaning out their windows as they zoom by.

I shake my head and raise my arms, one hand displaying "peace", the other "love". As I get closer to my truck, I see that they have taken magic markers and, well, you'll see below:








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home