Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, July 02, 2018

When womyn weep


A young tall womon, long dreadlocks swept up off her neck and intricately woven together around the back of her head, sandals slapping on hot asphalt as she rushes across the parking lot toward me, postponing my climb into the camper. She tries to speak, hands abruptly rising to hover unsure between us for a brief second before she grabs me into a strong, soft melding hug.

“Thank you” she murmurs over and over into the long-haired side of my head as we grasp each other tightly  and I mutter “Thank you” as we wordlessly exchange our pain-filled stories of violence and survival, of tears and strength, of bewilderment and disbelief.

End Violence Against Womyn and Children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home