Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, August 04, 2019

What do you think of tRump?


I’m soooooo proud of my grandson. We are camping at the great Acadia National Park in Maine which I love, not only because it is fuckin stunning with tons of places to explore but also because you don’t have to drive anywhere as the park provides FREE shuttle buses that pick up and drop off at the campground and take you to every corner of the park.
We’re on the near empty shuttle bus heading back to the campground when a younger white strate family with 3 boys gets on and sits immediately filling the first two rows, about 6 rows in front of us.
Mujasi immediately begins chatting, impressing me thoroughly with his conversational skills as well as his ability to extract information from a somewhat reluctant 10 year old. Within moments he found out where they were camping, when they arrived and where from, what they’d been doing since they got here, and what their plans were for tomorrow.
Deciding he had enough of that kind of info, he continues talking in his friendliest voice “What do you think of tRump?” The eldest boy Mark, who is getting the lion’s share of Jasi’s interest, starts to answer and then abruptly turns to look over his seat at his father, while instructing Jasi “You better ask my father.”
Musjasi says “Okay, Mark’s father: what do you think of tRump?” His father grumbles “I don’t want to talk about him.” This satisfies my grandchild so immensely he goes on to his next what I realize is potential buddy hurdle.
“My grandmother is an activist and drives a large box truck and some people don’t like it.” As he pauses to gauge their reaction he is again pleased when the father responds “Well, they don’t have to drive it.”
“Great,” Mujasi replies. “When you come to my campsite for our play date, you will see there are things written on all three sides, and across the front it says ‘Water is Life’.”
We all off-board the shuttle in the dark, too late for a play date, but the boys make tentative plans to meet-up tomorrow, once we’ve all had a chance to spend our first night here on Acdia under the black sky surrounded by tons of brilliant stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home