Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, February 19, 2021

Vigil excusing examining racism

This is my response to a white wombn who is unable to  attend any of the three "What Will White Wombn Do To End Racism?" gatherings because she'll be at a vigil to support amazon workers in Alabama...

White people are sooooo good at looking at 'helping' the targets of racism and not at the perpetuators and systems benefiting white people and removing those barriers. We need to do both.

Laura:

Thanks for letting us know about this.  I will be out at a vigil in support of the Amazon workers in Alabama then. 

Me:

Great laura - fuckin bezos. I wonder if MacKenzie Scott is being/can be approached for help in Alabama?

I think we should abandon putting the fight for the minimum wage as the strategy and instead be prioritizing our efforts into fighting for a fuckin MAXIMUM wage - it's a clear example of the whole way white privilege sets us up to look at targets of racism and take those benevolent 'incremental' steps MLK was talking about on the national mall over 50 years ago - instead of looking at the benefactors of racism and eliminating those systemic entitlements that keep our whole racist/sexist/heterosexist system in place.

As well as working hard to keep the POST OFFICE public. Who knows that the post office is the largest single employer of Black men and at a living wage with a strong union etc. - which I believe is the biggest reason the white powers are trying so hard to destroy it. 

We have an additional time on Saturday now, in case that works better for you - one at noon your time, the other at 5pm your time. You're welcome whenever you'd like to join Laura.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home