Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Poverty deaths vs covid

Some estimates of 850 MILLION single use syringes for the u.s.ofa. alone IF further vaccinations are not needed due to new covid strains, over 3 BILLION single use syringes world-wide already dispatched to landfill - or oceanfill - thus far with less than 13.9% of the world's people already vaccinated for a virus that has a 2% fatality rate of those infected?

The worldwide fatality rate of poverty killing children is 22,000 children A DAY die from poverty. That's over EIGHT MILLION young lives a year. Period.

With 2.2 billion children in our great world ONE BILLION live in poverty. That's almost 50%. And that's just the children: their mothers also suffer and die from poverty.

But we care sooooooo deeply about a virus that has a 2% fatality rate and not a condition of poverty that is intentionally created and fostered by our western lifestyles that threatens 50% of our children?

And don't give one flying fuck about the impact on Mother Earth of billions if not trillions of single-use plastic vials on the future life of our planet - let alone masks and gloves and chemicals and medical waste in the development and delivery of those vials, etc?.

I really don't get our priorities. No, what I really don't get is how we allow these priorities to continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home