Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, March 24, 2023

Beauty and then the Evil Beast

I am sooooo grateful I haven’t had time to repaint the back of my truck as this morning, traveling down route 60 toward my San Diego destination, I suddenly find myself behind a fuckin ugliest, most violent display of military might in front of me.

I have to speed up to pass them, but I slow at each of the vehicles in the caravan until the driver glances down at me. I either give him the “shame” gesture if I can control my RRB with an elbow needing both hands, or just waggle my finger “no” if I can’t.

There are about 5 of these horrific weapons being pulled by dark green vehicles and then two sand colored tankish vehicles leading the procession.

I wish John or Andrea were traveling behind me to film these guys and their reactions to my “Disarm the Military” message on the back of my truck. But they’re not. I can only hope the other cars passing us can appreciate this juxtaposition of anti-war and pro-war vehicles. I can’t watch them and the military drivers both.

I slow down in front of the lead vehicle but they quickly drop to less than 40 miles an hour in a 65 mile zone. I also have slowed down but soon lose them. Eventually, I see them pulling off to the side of the road or maybe they are exiting – I don’t know. But I’m happy to have this opportunity to at least expose them to the missives still on the back of my RRB.

The terrain has been sooooo beautiful along this route – and then this hideous scar.

See my previous post for the beauty part...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home