Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, March 29, 2024

On the Road Again...

My mechanic has steam cleaned my motor and all the parts under and around after checking to see if the rebuild they just did is leaking – which it is not, goods news and also scary news: I cannot handle another repair bill and be able to make it to the border by the 10th, which is my current goal.

After a test drive and not finding any leaks, I’m instructed to drive to Texas, stopping every 200 or so miles to check the dipstick and look under the truck for leaks. I’m also told I should break the rebuilt engine in for at least 1 maybe 2000 miles before running veggie oil and so I decide to postpone the Philadelphia trip for now and head directly to Texas.

Eagle Pass is a little over 1000 miles from Atlanta, so it’s the exact right distance.

I’ve changed the tires, filled by propane tanks so I can cook and heat up water for coffee, filled up the diesel tank, did a last minute run to Trader Joe’s for eggs and arugula, loaded the few donations I collected here in Atlanta for the border – so it’s time to hit the road!

I’m heading south on I85 through Alabama in case I get tired – the rest areas on that part of 85 tend to be new and clean. I’ll pick up I10 as I head deeper into the south through Mississippi god damn, Louisiana and then Texas.

I can't wait to take the temperature of this part of the country...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home