Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Piedras Negras

We got to drive deeper into Piedras Negras, Mexico.

So many similarities in housing in Piedras Negras & Accra: stucco or clay or cement homes, bright colors, simple one story structures, fences - maybe more greenery in Piedras Negras but it is a smaller city - 300,000 people to almost 3 million people in Accra.

So much more colorful than cities in the u.s., and much smaller houses. No ugly barbed razors or electric wires surrounding these properties.

Most of these houses are on a main residential street in Piedras Negras - which I learned, after unsuccessfully seeking a view of a black rock, any black rock, but is an apparently huge vein of coal that comes from under the Rio Grande and out through Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home