Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Interracial Lesbian Couple Woo



  Stopping at a rest stop, an interracial lesbian couple pulls into the parking space next to me saying they just had to stop to meet. They both give me a hug! They were recent implants to Wisconsin and on their way to Madison also, formerly from New Mexico. They told me their community in Wisconsin was mostly very welcoming, with other lesbians and gays, but folks of color not so much. Still they felt comfortable being out and active and thought the conservatives were diminishing in size and volume, although we all did agreed the handful that are vocal tend to be scary and violent. They thought their proximity to Canada contributed greatly to the liberalness of the general population. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home