Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Blow me???

I had deliveries to make today in Boston, and pick-ups so it is a work day for me. I make the mistake of talking with my sister, who is, if you can remember, a raving lunatic republican bush-supporter fundamentalist born- again xian and still has the nerve to be related to me although it is extremely hard to fathom. I KNEW I was adopted, plucked out of my real mother’s grip and set down between two siblings I no longer recognize. She asked me how it’s going and I intended to help educate her about the realities of a police state. I describe the horrendous ‘security’ measures, the hundreds of thousands of police and she interrupts to tell me, to admit really, that ‘they’ are just moving faster this time because they failed to take the proper steps last time. I don’t think she realizes what she just said. I say, “Sheree, we are not hijacking a plane to crash but we are attempting to express our patriotic civic duties and rights here” to which she asks in that excruciatingly innocent little girl voice “But did you hear the terrorists are planning on parachuting into Boston? That’s why there are so many helicopters there to search for them.”
Why do I always tend to end up shaking and hanging up on my sister – thank the goddess for the poor cellular connection excuse! Hopefully she doesn’t know. I’ve been waiting for my customer to come so I can unload the truck. He shows up with two other white fellows just as I hang up loudly cursing ignorant republicans. The helpers look a little taken back but my customer says he’s Canadian so he’s outta this mess. Yeah, except he’s living here.
Next I drive thru a little ritzy burb of Boston - Brookline I think. Two white guys in a delivery van scream out the window ‘blow me’. Blow me? – now what is that? Why do these furious guys retort with sexual obscenities (is that redundant?) We’re stopped next to each other at a light, unfortunately. I lean to mirror their out-the-window stance and queried: “What is wrong with you? You don’t know me. Can you not discuss what’s on your mind, if anything?”
The driver vaults over to passenger side and screams again “Blow me” and his companion resorts to a mere livid growl “Fuck you” as they tear down the street.
Everyone else honks and waves and is happy to see me – so many that I cannot keep track and drive at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home