Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, June 27, 2004

My sentiments exactly


I pull into a rest stop in Utah and an older white womon rushes to approach me. “My sentiments EXACTLY” she utters, waving generously at all sides of the truck.
 We hug and smile as she continues to express her love for my truck and bestows her heart-felt thanks upon me for spreading the word.
Then she states so matter-of-factly: “We’re in serious trouble. We HAVE to get out the vote”
We talk about that – she’s from Colorado and I’m on my way to the national conventions. She scornfully calls out most americans: “They’re a bunch of ‘docile’ people – docile and over-fed, content to be silent as long as they’ve got their video games.”
Then and there, at this rest stop, I decide to add “so bush’s base – the haves and the have mores – can have more and more and more and more” to the back of my truck’s sign (our economy is based on the suffering of people around the world). It works! Several out-of-staters give me the ‘thumbs up!’ while I’m painting, and no one tries anything rude or violent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home