Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, August 13, 2004

Make a lotta noise please!!!


One of the incredible things, actually powers, that we have, is the power of conformity. It is really just amazing. I’ll notice a bunch of hostility coming from an individual or group that is about to approach me when someone else, bubbling with enthusiasm and pure joy at seeing my message cuts them off, expressing their elation at seeing me.
This expression of positive reinforcement impacts the other people – the negative ones – by silencing them most of the time. Or rather at least at that point.
It is really powerful. It lays a blanket of hope over their negativity! It is also one of the reasons I feel the vigils are so important: just to get the message into the universe and just to soften if not silence those bullies on the ‘other’ war-mongering side.
So speak up, honk loudly, lean out the window and give me the peace symbol – everything when you pass: for me, yes, but mostly for whomever might be lurking, believing they are in the majority when they’re not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home