Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The truth about GW's military service record



Driving into Atlanta Wednesday mid-morning, I pulled over on a busy street to repaint the numbers on the back of the truck - 995. I’m in the city and there's no wal-mart inside city limits supposedly.
As I’m painting, a young man in a pick-up truck abruptly makes a u-turn and pulls in behind my truck. He hops out and hands me a flyer he has made that announces: "the truth about george bush's military service record". He is very formally dressed in a tux and tells me he is on his way to work but that he had to stop to give me his flyer.
He is a former gulf war veteran, ( a disenfranchised descendant of enslaved people and raped wimmin), and has never been politically active before, including never voting during his 26 years on the planet. He is so enraged by bush and his lies that he has made up this flyer and is handing them out every moment he gets when he is not working. He is now registered to vote also - or will be as soon as we mail his registration in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home