Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, October 15, 2005

snarling in nevada

Fueling up in Elko, I notice the first car I’ve seen thus far w/a ‘bush’ bumper sticker on it – actually a a bigt round "GW" sticker. A 30-something white male has walked into the store & emerges a few minutes later. I greet him & ask him if he’s still supporting GW. I think I see confusion skirt across his face as he immediately says "I don’t know". Then, as if he’s seeing me & my truck for the first time, he says defiantely, "it’s none of your business".
I attampt to ask him "what exactly is none of my business?" He is silent & begins pumping gas. "Discussiong our views of the president is none of my business" I venture. It is useless, he’s snarling. I give up having a meaningful dialogue with this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home