Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

ptsd or where is my humanity really

The degree of PTSD is merely a testimony to the degree of a soldier's humanity at the very least.

'Stress' is a euphemism for reconnecting with one’s soul, for surely you have to somehow encase if you’re lucky or abscond the soul to act in such anti-human ways as war demands.

Those soldiers that do not suffer from PTSD have lost their humanity indefinitely. Those soldiers that do suffer, still have pieces of their soul left inside to try to save.

1 Comments:

  • At 24/11/06 7:57 PM, Blogger Wutki said…

    I was drugged by two men while attempting to sell my paintball equipment, carried to a Naval Base & and two homes in So. Cal and raped.

    Fleeing the incident, I was involved in a car accident.

    I told 'everyone' within a forearms proximity to me (the woman who called dispatch, the paramedics, police, nurse, doctor..) that I was raped - but 'THEY - CHOSE' not to use a rape-kit in my six hour / $6,000.00 hospital stay.

    When I was 'o-kay' enough to stand up without assistance, the poor LAPD officer was able to arrest me in peace (meaning 'less' the nurses or doctors at that point)..

    "You are under arrest for driving under the influence.."

    I reply, "Oh.. okay. But, aren't you going to take this guy's jacket in as evidence?"

    Officer Pastora: "Well? You've been 'wearing' it this whole-time! Any evidence is probably gone, now!?"

    But, that is 'alright'.. After all, I'm going to jail - and you KNOW they have the appropriate facilities in jail for rape examinations, right?

    - Not only 'no', but jail-house nurse put it DOWN in the medical report!

    Does this ensure 'appropriate action' against city for failure of not one - but a 'handful' of city employees?

    NO!.. "Just make sure we get that DUI charge!"

    Oh, yes.. I was diagnosed as having PTSD 'Before' this incident occured, six months ago.

    Should I 'care' about PTSD among US military, when they have carte blanche to rape women in our military and get away with it?

    I'm living proof!

    "You are 'just' a civilian.. Nobody will take you seriously. Don't think your situation is so Unique either.. it happens here 'all' the time!"

    - Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Counselor, Port Hueneme

    I would bet.. that if something like this occured in the Middle East - does anyone doubt they would've brought those responsible to justice?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home