Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Collecting Shoes Stories

A womon from Las Cruces calls me saying she wants to bring a pair of shoes to the WITS action in front of her Congressperson’s office that we’re having this noon.

She tells me she is a veteran and has returned home safely. She was to dedicate her boots to a woman soldier who did not return.

Another womon calls me to tell me she is bringing a pair of baby shoes to the action in Dallas in front of her Congressperson’s Office.

She explains that the shoes are from then 60’s and belonged to her daughter. Her family was living in Northern India at the time and a very spiritual person made the shoes for her daughter.

She wants me to bring them to D.C. with me, as they have been in her drawer for too long. Her daughter died from ovarian cancer and now her Mother wants her shoes to be dedicated to a toddler in Iraq who has lost her life also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home